A baseline Transport Report has been prepared to set out the existing situation and identify opportunities or constraints associated with the development. The report identifies:
• that the site is surrounded by a range of sustainable transport opportunities, which the masterplan facilitates access too.
• there are no existing highway safety concerns on the local highway network that would need to be considered;
• the site is located within close proximity to a range of local amenities and the masterplan would benefit from direct and attractive connections towards these amenities;
• internal connectivity throughout the site should be considered with close consideration of Local Transport Note 1/20 cycle infrastructure design guidance;
• mitigation proposals should have a strong focus on active travel infrastructure. By enabling walking and cycling trips, the masterplan would be able to influence the mode shift of residents,
and generate less vehicle movements.